In order to read your eBook, you'll need a PC, Laptop or mobile device that supports eBook reader software. The eBooks we supply are only readable in Adobe Digital Editions. The good news is that this required software is available for free.
Download Adobe Digital Editions
Get an Adobe ID to Authorize Adobe Digital Editions
In order to be able to transfer eBooks from one PC to another, you will need to authorize Digital Editions with an Adobe ID. If you don't already have one you can register for free.
Why it is important to Authorize Adobe Digital Editions
Adobe Digital Editions can be used with or without using an Adobe ID. However, activating Adobe Digital Editions by using an Adobe ID allows you to do more with your Adobe eBooks, such as downloading them onto several computers and transferring them to devices that support Adobe Digital Editions.
The limitations of not using an Adobe ID:
The benefits of using an Adobe ID:
- You will only be able to read a downloaded Adobe eBook on a single computer.
- You will not be able to download an Adobe eBook on more than one computer. After the initial download of an Adobe eBook, subsequent downloads of that title can only be completed on the same computer.
- You will not be able to transfer Adobe eBooks to a supported eBook reading device.
- You can decide to activate using an Adobe ID at any time. However, if you activate Adobe Digital Editions with an Adobe ID which has already been used to activate Adobe Digital Editions on another computer, the Adobe eBook you originally downloaded when using anonymous activation will no longer work.
- You will be able to download an Adobe eBook onto several computers that have been activated with the same Adobe ID (up to 6 computers/devices can be activated using the same Adobe ID).
- After the initial download of an Adobe eBook, subsequent downloads of that title can be completed on computers activated with the same Adobe ID.
- You will be able to transfer Little White Bakkie eBook to a supported eBook reading device that has been activated with the same Adobe ID.
Adobe Digital Editions FAQ
Back to FAQ's